Thursday 1 June 2017

Smalls SAL_May 2017 plus May TUSAL, too....

Well, here I am again, playing catch up with the Smalls SAL but what the hey? At least I am remembering to post, eventually!

So, what Smalls can I show off to you, I have a few a lot this month, I think... Let me go rummage in my Girl's Nest and see what I can find....

Let's start with April and May from one of the SALs that I am doing this year - Rainbow Gallery's 2004 Cross Stitch Surprise series (January to December).








Oooops!  Forgot to add the kitty cat!



Next is another freebie, The Drawn Thread's "First Snow".  I substituted white beads instead of Smyrna crosses for the snowflakes - I am very happy with the effect.





I have also finished "A Spot of Spring" (another The Drawn Thread design) for my "Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS CALL" SAL, which I am doing with dear Jo.


Lots of beading on this one, too, I even found a beaded pale pink button to use as the flower!


Next up is my version of "You are so loved", gorgeous freebie from The Snowflower Diaries,  which I changed to "You are so blessed" and stitched for my Memento Box.  You can read more about this in my this post.




.... and some more pieces for the windows of my Memento Box....



This little house is from this sampler:



... and the sweet little fox is from this Sampler book


I also stitched a version of this freebie from The Primitive Hare ....




Phew! That is a lot of Smalls this month! I think that I am quite impressed with myself, really!

Please click here to see lots of other great Smalls from other stitchers.

... and to finish off, here is May's TUSAL report - the pile of ORTS is growing!




You can check out everyone else's TUSAL report by checking out this post on DaffyCat's blog and scrolling down to the comments section.

hugs, 








19 comments:

Maggie said...

Wow, you managed to do so much stitching! I'm impressed too :-)

Mary said...

I love the little April stitch and the memento box is wonderful, great change of the wording to Blessed. I'm just starting to add or change words, I love how it personalizes your pieces. I'm impressed with all the stitches too! Mary

Mii Stitch said...

Smalls galore for you Kaye!! Great finishes :)

Vickie said...

Wonderful stitching Kaye. I especially like Spot of Spring. Your King and Queen are adorable.

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

I absolutely love Rainbow Gallery's May design and addition of the little cat is purrfect.
First Snow is pretty.Lovely stitching Kaye.

Linda said...

Congrats on all of the cute finishes Kaye. You have been busy.

Linda

RJ said...

Oh my Kaye you have been stitching up a storm! So many lovely stitches and I love them all. But, I especially like the May stitch...gardening stitches always catch my eye. I just finished Spot of Spring myself and loved that one as well. I agree You are loved is such a beautiful stitch and I especially like how you changed it to blessed...may I borrow that idea? Keep up the great work...it was a joy to see them all. RJ @ stitching friends forever

Clare said...

Nice to see your stitching. You have been busy. I too am stitching Needlework ABC`s by LHN. Happy Stitching.

Carol said...

Goodness, Kaye! That is a lot of smalls--and all so cute, too! I do love that May one and the Spot of Spring, especially. Drawn Thread designs just seem to be capturing my heart these days. I just wish they didn't call for so many expensive silks!

deb said...

So much stitching! So many pretty designs! The memory box is lovely. I really like the look of stitchery mounted in/on nice wooden boxes. You deserve to be very proud of all your work.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Such beautiful stitching Kaye. Seeing it makes me want to cross stitch. I can't do it on line like you though...Really love May xx

Kay said...

I really like the April design. I have done the Drawn Thread design too in the past, but it was for an exchange, and I was just thinking the other day that I would like to do it again for myself. x

butterfly said...

Wow lots of lovely stitching .
You have been a busy lady.

Mary's Thread said...

What a lot you've gotten done! That calendar is adorable! And I love the one from Snowflower Diaries-I have to do that one myself! Nice work!

Kerryp77 said...

I'm clearly going senile, another blog post I thought I'd commented on! beautiful work Kaye, love the two drawn threads and the rainbow gallery months. all really pretty stitches.

Astrids dragon said...

Everything truly looks wonderful, I especially love April! Although May looks good too, it's got a cat!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Gosh you have been busy with the smalls this month!
Spot of Spring looks totally different with all your bling on it!
I love the dotty fabric you used for May.
The memento box is growing nicely too, I look forward to seeing the finished box in all its glory.

Brigitte said...

That's a lot od smalls that you show here, Kaye. And I love each of them.
Isn't that Rainbow Gallery monthly series gorgeous? I have stitched several of them and as I don't have any of the called for threads I just choose threads from my stash and that's a big part of the fun.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Beautiful small stitching! You've definitely been busy. I can't wait to see your memento box all finished! :D

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...